Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Dream Deferred

Camel coat, grey beanie and knit winter sweater #fashionblogger #ootd
Vintage Max Mara camel coat, handmade sweater, H&M jeans, Rag Vintage sunglasses, Zaful* hat, Khombu boots, Essie nail polish 

Camel coat, grey beanie and knit winter sweater #fashionblogger #ootd

I had one dream, when I was little: go up on pointe shoes at one point in my ballet career. I would always see the "big girls" warming up before tying up their satin shoes and perfecting pirouette or fouetté turns one after the other. I achieved my dream for a brief period of time before having to stop to prevent further injury in my ankle. The disappointment I felt that day was similar to what I felt a couple of days ago.  

I was kindly invited to a particular brand's fashion show during NYFW. Since I've found a passion for fashion, I've wanted to sit in on a show to see the clothes in person and partake in the magic of it all. I replied to the invitation to find out, a couple of days later, from the brand that they couldn't accommodate me anymore. Why? I have no idea, but I felt the same disappointment as the day I had to give up pointe. 

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day to you all. Thank you for reading this post. I felt the need to write it.

Petite, j'avais un rêve: monter sur les pointes à un moment de ma carrière de danseuse classique. Je voyais les "grandes" qui s'échauffaient avant d'enchaîner des pirouettes et fouettés en chaussons satinés. J'ai réalisé mon rêve brièvement avant de devoir arrêter pour ne pas me faire mal à la cheville. La déception que j'ai ressentie ce jour la était similaire à celle d'il y a quelques jours. 

J'ai gentiment été invitée à assister à un défiler de mode d'une marque pendant la NYFW. Depuis que je m'intéresse à la mode, j'ai voulu assister à un défiler pour voir les vêtements en personne et vivre le côté féerique d'un défiler. J'ai répondu à l'invitation pour ensuite, quelques jours après, lire un email qui me disait que la marque ne pouvait plus me procurer une place. Pourquoi? Je n'en sais rien, mais j'ai senti la même déception que quand j'ai dû renoncer aux pointes. 

P. S. Bonne fête de Saint Valentin. Merci d'avoir lu cet article. J'avais besoin de l'écrire. 

Camel coat, grey beanie and knit winter sweater #fashionblogger #ootd

Camel coat, grey beanie and knit winter sweater #fashionblogger #ootd
 photos: PAUL 
~Emma

4 comments:

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...